Virtual Football League
www.safaribet.com.gh
Football is always in action. Now you can bet on Virtual Football League
Virtual Horse Classics
www.safaribet.com.gh
Bet on a virtual horse classics. Choose your favorite and win!

Diego Costa: Antonio Conte told me he doesn’t want me at Chelsea next season Featured

Written by 
Published in England Premier League
Friday, 09 June 2017 08:41

Diego Costa has put an end to months of speculation about his future at Chelsea by claiming that coach Antonio Conte has told him he is not part of his plans at the West London club next season.

The 28-year-old striker played a huge role in Chelsea’s title success, scoring 20 goals in 35 league appearances, making him the Premier League’s fourth highest scorer last season. However, it was reported in January that the Spain international was on the verge of leaving the club for the Chinese Super League.

Speaking after Spain’s 2-2 draw with Colombia on Wednesday, Conte told reporters: "Conte has sent me a message to tell me I am not in his plans for Chelsea.”

He added: "My relationship with the coach has been bad this season. It's a shame, but it's clear that the coach does not count on me and he does not want me there."
Conte has been linked with a number of European teams, including his former team Atletico Madrid, who are currently serving a transfer ban until January 2018.

In response to questions about Atletico as a possible destination, Conte said: "Being five months without playing? I do not know, it's complicated, but people know that I love Atletico a lot and that I love to live in Madrid.”

He added: "It would be nice to go back, but it's difficult to be four or five months without playing. It's a World Cup year and there are many things to think about. I need to play, just that."

Read 49 times

Related items

  • IS CRISIS-HIT CONTE'S CHELSEA CAREER DESTINED TO END LIKE MOURINHO'S?

    Chelsea have been unable to match their title-winning form so far this season with injuries beginning to pile up and energy levels low

  • Chelsea caught in Dzeko chamber, FA defence turns to vapour

    Jack Lang salutes Benfica's Svilar surfer and cringes at Peter Drury's latest mouthful...

  • Morata ruled out of Chelsea's trip to Crystal Palace

    Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata will miss tomorrow's game at Crystal Palace due to the hamstring injury he picked up against Manchester City.

    The Spaniard limped out of Chelsea's 1-0 defeat to City at Stamford Bridge and subsequently missed the international break with Spain.

    The 24-year-old had a scan last week, with Spain's medical staff claiming he had suffered a grade two hamstring injury.
    He won't recover in time for tomorrow's match at Selhurst Park but he could return for Chelsea's Champions League match against Roma on Wednesday.

  • Alvaro Morata could miss two months with hamstring injury

    Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata has withdrawn from the Spain squad due to a hamstring strain and could be out for eight weeks.

    The 24-year-old was substituted in the first-half of Saturday’s 1-0 defeat to Manchester City with a hamstring problem, and subsequent scans have revealed a grade 2 hamstring strain.
    Spain have confirmed the injury after the player was assessed in a Madrid hospital.

    A grade 2 hamstring strain can take between four to eight weeks to recover from.
    Morata was expected to lead the line for Spain in their upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Albania and Israel, but his withdrawal leaves Celta Vigo’s Iago Aspas as the only natural striker in the squad.

    Spain manager Julen Lopetgeui may opt instead to use a striker-less formation, as he did to such great effect in the recent 3-0 win over Italy.

    Morata has been a revelation at Chelsea, expertly filling the gap left by Diego Costa in the Blues' attacking and finding the net six times in the Premier League. He is expected to be fit to play for Chelsea against Crystal Palace on October 14.

  • Alvaro Morata withdraws from Spain squad with hamstring injury

    Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata has withdrawn from the Spain squad due to a hamstring strain.

    The 24-year-old was substituted in the first-half of Saturday’s 1-0 defeat to Manchester City with a hamstring problem, and subsequent scans have revealed a grade 2 hamstring strain.
    Morata was expected to lead the line for Spain in their upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Albania and Israel, but his withdrawal leaves Celta Vigo’s Iago Aspas as the only natural striker in the squad.

    Spain manager Julen Lopetgeui may opt instead to use a striker-less formation, as he did to such great effect in the recent 3-0 win over Italy.

    Morata has been a revelation at Chelsea, expertly filling the gap left by Diego Costa in the Blues' attacking and finding the net six times in the Premier League. He is expected to be fit to play for Chelsea against Crystal Palace on October 14.

Leave a comment

Football

First Ballon d'Or nominees announced

First Ballon d'Or nominees announced

The first Ballon d'Or nominees have been announced with Chelsea's N'Golo Kante amongst the players p...

African Football

Football Transfers

Djilibodji is loaned to Dijon

Djilibodji is loaned to Dijon

French side Dijon have completed the signing of defender Papy Djilibodji on loan from Sunderland. T...

Virtual Football League
www.safaribet.com.gh
Football is always in action. Now you can bet on Virtual Football League

Sponsored Links

Virtual Football League
www.safaribet.com.gh
Football is always in action. Now you can bet on Virtual Football League

Like Us On Facebook

Formula 1

    Tennis

    Connect With Us

    Contact Us

    Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

    Our Sponsors

    JoomShaper