Virtual Football League
www.safaribet.com.gh
Football is always in action. Now you can bet on Virtual Football League
Virtual Horse Classics
www.safaribet.com.gh
Bet on a virtual horse classics. Choose your favorite and win!

Arsenal star Hector Bellerin makes brilliant pledge for Grenfell Tower victims Featured

Written by 
Published in England Premier League
Sunday, 18 June 2017 09:22

Arsenal defender Hector Bellerin says he will donate £50 to a fund for the victims of the Grenfell Tower fire for every minute he plays at the European U21 Championship.

The official death toll from the inferno which engulfed the high-rise tower block in west London on June 14 stands at 30, although an estimated 70 people are still unaccounted for and the death toll is expected to rise considerably.

Residents have been displaced, and scores of families affected, in an event which has shocked the entire country.

Manchester City star Raheem Sterling has already pledged to donate in support of the victims as they try and rebuild their lives, with Bellerin, a resident of London, joining in.
Spain start their campaign at the finals when they take on Macedonia at 7:45pm this evening.

Read 19 times

Related items

  • Hector Bellerin hints he is not about to leave Arsenal in cryptic Twitter post

    Hector Bellerin posted a cryptic message on Twitter on Thursday afternoon which suggests he is not about to quit Arsenal.

    Hector Bellerin posted a cryptic message on Twitter on Thursday afternoon which suggests he is not about to quit Arsenal.

    The 22-year-old has been consistently linked with a move back to boyhood club Barcelona, while Manchester City have also reportedly shown an interest in the Spain full-back.

    Bellerin, who penned a new deal at the Emirates Stadium last November, saw his relationship with Arsenal fans fluctuate last season.

    He has always been highly-rated at Arsenal but he felt the wrath of a number of angry supporters during the 3-0 defeat to Crystal Palace in April.

    Manager Arsene Wenger defended the player but Bellerin then had a spell on the sidelines before establishing himself in the new-look 3-4-3 formation which helped Arsenal finish the season strongly.

    He started the 2-1 FA Cup final win over Chelsea before further speculation saw him once again touted as a potential target for Barcelona.

    But, after several newspapers reported a potential return to Catalonia may be on the cards, he wrote on Twitter: "Don't believe everything you read..."

    Meanwhile, Arsenal's top goalscorer from last season Alexis Sanchez has said he will leave it to his agent to thrash out a potential new contract with the club.

    Sanchez, who hit 30 goals last season, is out of contract in a little over 12 months and, like Bellerin, has been linked with a number of other clubs.

    City, Bayern Munich and Chelsea are reported suitors while some reports claim Sanchez has already been offered a record deal to remain at Arsenal.

    Either way the forward, who is currently on international duty with Chile at the Confederations Cup, is happy to leave agent Fernando Felicevich in charge of negotiations.

    Asked about his future by reporters in Russia, he said: "That is what my representative is looking at.

    "I am now focused (on the Confederations Cup). The truth is that my agent will see to it. He knows and he will sit down with the club to see what is best for me.

    "I would like many things, but right now I only think about the national team."

    Last week Wenger signed a new two-year deal to remain as Arsenal boss and will be determined to hang on to the likes of Bellerin and Sanchez.

    The Frenchman is also looking to add new recruits to a squad which could only manage a fifth-placed finish in the Premier League last season.

    Schalke full-back Sead Kolasinac will join the club next month on a free transfer while the likes of Kylian Mbappe and Alexandre Lacazette have been linked with big-money moves to north London.

  • Wenger adamant Sanchez and Ozil will not leave Arsenal

    The Gunners boss has given a clear indication that he is not prepared to sell his two star players, expressing a hope that they will commit

  • Arsenal 'bid €100m for Kylian Mbappe' - reports

    Arsenal have made a bid for highly coveted Monaco star Kylian Mbappe, according to respected French daily L'Equipe .
    Mbappe, 18, has been the subject of intense transfer speculation in recent weeks, with both Manchester City and Real Madrid reportedly contacting the Ligue 1 champions to register their interest in the France international.
    However, according to the report, Arsenal are the first team to firm up their interest with a bid.
    There is a caveat, though. Bilel Ghazi of L'Equipe adds that Arsenal’s lack of Champions League football could hinder their hopes of landing the Monaco star.
    The L’Equipe story follows claims from Marca that the 18-year-old had chosen to move to the Santiago Bernabeu after both City and Madrid apparently tabling bids of €130 million.

  • Arsenal transfer news and rumours: Kylian Mbappe, Mesut Ozil and Gianluigi Buffon

    All the latest Arsenal transfer news and rumours from across the British and foreign press on Friday, June 2.

  • Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger 'set to sign new two-year deal'

    Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has verbally agreed a new two-year contract to remain at the Emirates Stadium, according to media reports.

Leave a comment

Football

African Football

Football Transfers

Virtual Football League
www.safaribet.com.gh
Football is always in action. Now you can bet on Virtual Football League

Sponsored Links

Virtual Football League
www.safaribet.com.gh
Football is always in action. Now you can bet on Virtual Football League

Like Us On Facebook

Formula 1

    Tennis

    Connect With Us

    Contact Us

    Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

    Our Sponsors

    JoomShaper