Eden Hazard's father claims his son has rejected a contract extension at Chelsea to enable a transfer to Real Madrid.
After a stellar run last season, ending with his team taking the league title, Hazard's has been linked with a move to the Bernabeu, though the 26-year-old's current contract runs until 2020.
Hazard's father, Thierry, was quoted by Belgian newspaper Le Soir, as saying: "What I can reveal about Eden is that he refused a contract extension.
"This was so that, if necessary, he could follow the interest of Real, whom he could see himself playing for."
However, he added that at present, no approach had been made by the La Liga team.
He said: "As of right now, there is no contract from Real Madrid - Eden is only one of the parties involved in his future."
The comments will no doubt stoke further speculation as to the Belgium international's future, having previously admitted his respect for Real Madrid, in what was seen as a "come get me" plea.
Hazard said in November: "Everyone knows the admiration I have for Real Madrid."
Currently 15 points adrift of table-toppers Manchester City, Chelsea face Stoke City on Saturday.